Abstract

The present Arabic – Sindhi script was formed in July 1853 on the recommendations of the “Board of Directors, East India Company”, London. They directed Bombay Government, India, that “keeping in view the sociopolitical background submitted by Commissioner in Sindh, Arabic-Sindhi script would be better for Sindh Region. However, the original script of region “KHUDAWADI” should be considered carefully. In this connection a committee should be constituted consisting of European Linguists & scholars and a few members from the region. The, then Commissioner of Sindh Sir Bartal Frere sent recommendations to Mr. B.H. Ellis, Assistant Commissioner, incharge of the education in Sindh.

Aftab Abro